Omega 3 DHA, EPA and Choline Softgel
Note: This product can only be shipped to US addresses The Alpha and Omega of Prenatal Supplement UpSpring Alpha Omega prenatal supplement combines pharmaceutical grade Omega-3 (DHA and EPA) with Alpha GPC Choline which is clinically shown to support fetal brain development.* Choline is an essential nutrient for brain health and pregnancy can deplete maternal reserves of choline which is critical for baby’s brain development. UpSpring’s Alpha GPC Choline is the only type of choline that breaks through the blood-brain barrier, enabling the nutrient to be better absorbed by the brain to help support improved memory, recall, ability to learn (higher test scores) and more.* Why UpSpring Alpha Omega Prenatal Supplement?
- The only prenatal supplement clinically shown to support fetal brain development*
- Delivers 285 mg DHA/EPA
- Contains Alpha GPC Choline to nourish baby’s growing brain.*
- Ultra-pure marine oil with ZERO mercury
- No fishy taste or fishy after burps
- Small, easy-to-swallow softgel
- OBGYN recommended
- Can be taken, before, during and after pregnancy
- All natural, gluten free, and non-GMO
You’ll Love What’s On Our Label If you’re the kind of mom who reads labels, you’ll be thrilled by what you find (and don’t find) on ours. We use only the highest quality natural ingredients, with no artificial anything, ever, to give you the cleanest prenatal multivitamin possible. How To Use UpSpring Alpha Omega Take one Up Spring Alpha Omega soften daily. Can be taken when trying to conceive, or during pregnancy and while breastfeeding to help support fetal brain development.*
Smart Science For Smart and Healthy Babies Alpha GPC Choline for Baby’s Brain Choline is a critical nutrient during pregnancy, since it is required for healthy fetal brain development.* Pregnancy can deplete maternal choline levels and the amount a pregnant mother gets can influence her baby’s future learning, cognitive function, and memory.* Research suggests that insufficient choline can have negative, lifelong effects on brain function. The adequate intake (AI) for pregnant women for choline is 480 mg. (Lactating moms need even more; their AI is set at 520 mg. Research shows that babies who breastfeed exclusively for 6 months get 120 mg per day from their mothers’ milk.) Alpha GPC is a potent source of highly bioavailable choline.* It provides more choline than phosphatidylcholine or soy lecithin, two more common forms of this nutrient. The choline in Alpha GPC penetrates the blood-brain barrier to nourish baby’s rapidly developing brain.* Alpha GPC is in phospholipid form, the same type of phospholipid that is a major component of cell membranes. This makes it easy for the body to recognize, and is thus more absorbable.* In addition, it amplifies the amount of omega-3 absorbed by the body.* Omega-3 Fats For Motor Skills And More
- Numerous studies demonstrate the importance of omega-3 fats during pregnancy. Here’s a quick roundup of some of them:
- Omega-3 fats, especially DHA, are concentrated in the brain. The brain has the greatest need for omega-3 during the fetal growth period and until age two.
- Women who take supplemental fish oil during pregnancy have higher levels of omega-3 in their breast milk for weeks after delivery. Breastfed infants have higher DHA levels at age 1 compared to formula fed babies; higher DHA levels in infants are associated with better hand-eye coordination. ,
- The DHA advantage lasts for up to 7 years. Children whose mothers took fish oil had better hand-eye coordination at age 2 ½. Children who had higher levels of DHA in their cord blood at birth achieved higher motor skill scores at age 7.
- Women who supplement with fish oil during pregnancy are less likely to have premature or underweight babies. Women with a history of pregnancy complications show the most benefit.
- Most adults don’t consume enough omega-3 rich fish. Seafood is often contaminated with mercury and other toxins, which can be especially concerning to pregnant women. Supplementation can address both these issues.
Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing, Baby Now more than ever, you need the absolute best nutrition possible. That’s why we use only the highest quality nutrients, like Alpha GPC, a form of choline that enhances the beneficial effects of those all-important omega-3 fats.*
What's not Inside
No Artificial Anything. Ever. At the risk of repeating ourselves we’d like to point out that, unlike many prenatal vitamins, we don’t use folic acid (the synthetic form of B9). Instead we use folate, the natural form. You won’t find unnatural additives or fillers, either. UpSpring Prenatal + is also gluten free and contains no GMOs.
What is Alpha GPC, and why haven’t I heard of it before? Alpha GPC has only become available for inclusion in supplement formulas very recently. When it comes to brain health, Alpha GPC is a game-changer, because not only does it cross the blood-brain barrier to help nourish the rapidly developing fetal brain, but it also boosts absorption of omega-3 DHA. If the AI (adequate intake) of choline for pregnant women is 480 mg, why does your formula provide less? UpSpring Alpha Omega gives you a great start on your daily choline requirement. You get 100 mg Alpha GPC per day in each softgel. Choline is another one of those nutrients like iron that is fairly easy to get in food. If you’re eating well and choosing choline-rich foods every day (such as eggs, shrimp, cod, salmon, beef, dairy products, certain legumes, and cruciferous veggies) you should have no trouble getting the recommended adequate intake.