Prenatal+ Gummy Multivitamin plus DHA, Choline and Natural Folate
Note: This product can only be shipped to US addresses
An Award Winning Prenatal Gummy Multivitamins
Don't worry, your baby's gonna be brilliant, especially if your prenatal multivitamin contains the nutrients that are clinically shown to support fetal brain development. UpSpring Prenatal+ is an award winning, complete multivitamin that also includes omega-3 DHA and choline (in the form of Alpha GPC), which are clinically shown to support fetal brain development.* Alpha GPC is a highly bioavailable form of choline and the only form that crosses the blood-brain barrier to nourish your baby's growing brain.* It also helps to enhance DHA absorption.* This formula also contains the natural form of vitamin B9, folate, instead of synthetic folic acid. Enjoy three delicious mango-peach gummies every day plus one easy-to-swallow softgel. You get 100% of the daily value of 11 essential nutrients, natural folate, plus brain-building omega-3 and Alpha GPC Choline. Best of all, our gummy is easy on the stomach, so no tummy upsets!
Why UpSpring Prenatal+ Multivitamin?
- The only prenatal multi clinically shown to support fetal brain development*
- Delivers 800 mcg of natural folate (vs synthetic form known as folic acid), which is beneficial for pregnant women with the MTHFR gene mutation*
- Contains Alpha GPC, a highly bioavailable form of choline and the only form that crosses the blood-brain barrier to nourish your baby's growing brain.* It also helps to enhance DHA absorption.*
- Ultra-pure marine oil with ZERO mercury Nausea-free formula and no fishy burps!
- Complete prenatal multi, delivering 100% of the daily value of 11 essential nutrients 3 delicious mango-peach naturally flavored gummies + 1 easy-to-swallow softgel per day OBGYN recommended
- Can be taken, before, during and after pregnancy
- All natural, gluten and dairy free
You'll Love What's On Our Label
If you're the kind of mom who reads labels, you'll be thrilled by what you find (and don't find) on ours. We use only the highest quality natural ingredients, with no artificial anything, ever, to give you the cleanest prenatal multivitamin possible.
How To Use UpSpring Prenatal+
Each daily dose of UpSpring Prenatal+ consists of three yummy gummies plus one softgel. Take all at once, or split them up throughout the day. Take with food or even on an empty stomach.
Smart Science For Smart and Healthy Babies
Alpha GPC for Baby's Brain
Choline is a critical nutrient during pregnancy, since it is required for healthy fetal brain development.* The amount of choline a pregnant mother gets can influence her baby's future learning, cognitive function, and memory.* Research suggests that insufficient choline can have negative, lifelong effects on brain function. The adequate intake (AI) for pregnant women for choline is 480 mg. (Lactating moms need even more; their AI is set at 520 mg. Research shows that babies who breastfeed exclusively for 6 months get 120 mg per day from their mother's milk.) Alpha GPC is a potent source of highly bioavailable choline.* It provides more choline than phosphatidylcholine or soy lecithin, two more common forms of this nutrient. The choline in Alpha GPC penetrates the blood-brain barrier to nourish baby's rapidly developing brain.*
Alpha GPC is in phospholipid form, the same type of phospholipid that is a major component of cell membranes. This makes it easy for the body to recognize, and is thus more absorbable.* In addition, it amplifies the amount of omega-3 absorbed by the body.*
Omega-3 Fats For Motor Skills And More
- Numerous studies demonstrate the importance of omega-3 fats during pregnancy. Here's a quick roundup of some of them:
- Omega-3 fats, especially DHA, are concentrated in the brain. The brain has the greatest need for omega-3 during the fetal growth period and until age two.
- Women who take supplemental fish oil during pregnancy have higher levels of omega-3 in their breast milk for weeks after delivery. Breastfed infants have higher DHA levels at age 1 compared to formula fed babies; higher DHA levels in infants are associated with better hand-eye coordination.
- The DHA advantage lasts for up to 7 years. Children whose mothers took fish oil had better hand-eye coordination at age 2. Children who had higher levels of DHA in their cord blood at birth achieved higher motor skill scores at age 7.
- Women who supplement with fish oil during pregnancy are less likely to have premature or underweight babies. Women with a history of pregnancy complications show the most benefit.
- Most adults don't consume enough omega-3 rich fish. Seafood is often contaminated with mercury and other toxins, which can be especially concerning to pregnant women. Supplementation can address both these issues.
Folate or Folic Acid?
Most pregnant women are aware of the need for either folate or folic acid during pregnancy to prevent neural tube defects in babies. Both are shown to be beneficial, so what's the difference?
Folate is the natural form of the vitamin otherwise known as B9. It is found in dark leafy greens, black-eyed peas, lentils, and other foods. Folic acid is its synthetic counterpart (it was invented in a lab in the 1940s) and is added to fortified grain products. Some studies suggest that folic acid can negatively impact health in the long run.
At UpSpring, "no artificial anything" is our mantra, and that includes folic acid. We use only the natural form of B9, folate. Women who are pregnant (or planning to become pregnant) should aim to get at least 800 mcg of folate per day from diet and supplementation.
Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing, Baby
Now more than ever, you need the absolute best nutrition possible. That's why we use only the highest quality nutrients, like natural folate (instead of synthetic folic acid), and Alpha GPC, a form of choline that enhances the beneficial effects of those all-important omega-3 fats.* You get 100% of the daily value of 11 essential nutrients. Plus, we deliver them in an easy-to-swallow softgel and naturally flavored, naturally sweetened gummies.
No Artificial Anything. Ever.At the risk of repeating ourselves we'd like to point out that, unlike many prenatal vitamins, we don't use folic acid (the synthetic form of B9). Instead we use folate, the natural form. You won't find unnatural sweeteners, either, such as high fructose corn syrup. UpSpring Prenatal + is also gluten free and contains no GMOs.
When should I start taking UpSpring Prenatal+ Multivitamin?
Yesterday. If that's not possible, it's a good idea to start taking UpSpring Prenatal+ as soon as you learn you're pregnant. In fact, if you are planning to become pregnant in the next few months, it's not too soon to start.
Why isn't iron included in UpSpring Prenatal+ multivitamin?
What' the difference between folate and folic acid?
Folate is the natural form of a vitamin otherwise known as B9. Folic acid is its synthetic counterpart (it was invented in a lab in the 1940s) and some studies suggest folic acid can negatively impact health in the long term. Folate, however, is found naturally in foods and is beneficial. It is one of the best-documented ways to prevent neural tube defects during pregnancy.* Women who are pregnant (or planning to become pregnant) should get at least 800 mcg of folate per day from diet and supplementation.
What is Alpha GPC, and why haven't I heard of it before?
Alpha GPC has only become available for inclusion in supplement formulas very recently. When it comes to brain health, Alpha GPC is a game-changer, because not only does it cross the blood-brain barrier to help nourish the rapidly developing fetal brain, but it also boosts absorption of omega-3 DHA.
Why 3 gummies plus a softgel? Couldn't you put it all into one or the other?
The challenge in formulating a prenatal multi is that you have to fit a lot in without causing nausea. The pleasant tasting mango-peach gummies contain the multivitamin portion of the formula and don't upset sensitive tummies. The three-gummy serving lets you take them all together, or spread throughout the day - your choice. We paired up the omega-3 and the Alpha GPC (choline) in a small, easy-to-swallow softgel because they work together to enhance the beneficial effects of both. (And because, to be honest, they would have spoiled the taste of the gummies.)
If the AI (adequate intake) of choline for pregnant women is 480 mg, why does your formula provide less?
UpSpring Prenatal+ gives you a great start on your daily choline requirement. You get 100 mg Alpha GPC per day. Choline is another one of those nutrients like iron that is fairly easy to get in food. If you're eating well and choosing choline-rich foods every day (such as eggs, shrimp, cod, salmon, beef, dairy products, certain legumes, and cruciferous veggies) you should have no trouble getting the recommended adequate intake.