UpSpring Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Milk In " UpSpring Baby Iron + Immunity "
AUSTIN, Texas, July 23, 2020 -- UpSpring LLC of Austin, TX is recalling its 60 ml packages of "UpSpring Baby Iron + Immunity" dietary supplements because it may contain undeclared milk allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Click here to read more.
Q & A
Your child’s safety and health is our primary concern. Below is more information surround the recent Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk and UpSpring Baby Immunity + Iron.
Exactly what product(s) are affected?
· UpSpring Baby Iron + Immunity (lot # 06691 and with an expiration date of March 2021). Please discontinue use and if your child has a milk allergy contact your physician.
How do people know if they have purchased the recalled product?
· Those who have purchased the UpSpring Baby Iron + Immunity product should review lot # and expiration date on the bottom of box and bottle. The product affected comes in a 60 ml glass bottles within a carton with lot # 06691 and with an expiration date of March 2021.
What exactly is unsafe about product?
· The recall was initiated after it was discovered that a milk-containing ingredient (lactose) was added to the formula and was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of or label that it contains milk. Subsequent investigation indicates the problem was caused by an unintentional mixing of lactose used in the manufacturing of this product. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Where was this manufactured?
· ABS Corporation, Omaha, NE
What were the actions taken by UpSpring after the issue was discovered/identified?
· Product was discontinued.
How do you know the situation is limited to these products?
· Production of UpSpring Baby Iron + Immunity was suspended in April 2019. The lot in question is product remaining from the last production batch before UpSpring Baby Iron + Immunity was discontinued. The health and safety of our consumers is our top priority. Once we identified the error, additional processes were put in place to ensure confidence in the scope of products affected.
Can consumers still use the product?
· Consumers who have purchased UpSpring Baby Iron + Immunity lot # 06691 are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
What should I do with the product? Can consumers get a refund or replacement for the product purchased?
· Consumers who have purchased UpSpring Baby Iron + Immunity lot # 06691 are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. If you purchased the product directly from UpSpring, please use the webform to being your refund request.
Are any other supplements affected?
· The current issue is only related to this one batch of UpSpring Iron + Immunity. Consumers can continue to use UpSpring supplements with confidence.